Start Statements for College Essay
Need guidance and ideas of an opening line for custom essay?
Whether you’re still finding a topic or completing your essay, you know you need to stand out from the crowd. You need to be creative and you may have to activate your critical thinking skills. Coming up with a strong, interesting and engaging opening line can be a daunting task.
But don’t worry we are here to help!
The following tips will help you make the leap from “average” to “accepted”.
Open with an Anecdote
Since the admission officers have a very busy schedule and they have a lot of essays to read, they only spend a brief amount of time reviewing one story. As soon as your story starts getting boring, they might lose interest and stop reading right there.
Hence, it is pivotal that you engage them from the beginning, an anecdote can help you with that. You can grab the reader’s attention by starting with an amusing and interesting storyline. Here we have some examples of anecdotes for opening lines.
- I was hungry. I was lost.
- As we came out of the plane, the cool and refreshing breeze swarmed around us.
- Tap, tap, tap. My fingers swiftly moved across the keyboard as though they were running across a piano, an image I fantasized of as I attempted to distract my mind from the work at hand.
- “Okay, almost there! Only a few more strokes.” Upon finishing my painting, I reflected on my journey to the final round of the art show.
- As I spoke with numerous professionals at the conference, I felt like French had been a part of my life since the very beginning.
- Outside of school, I care for two rescue dogs, a showy and energetic American Cocker Spaniel and a shy but regal English Cocker Spaniel. They haven’t let their traumatic pasts affect their moods, and neither will I.
Open with Quote
A great way to start a college essay is, to begin with, a quote about buy essay online. You can include quotes from famous people or influencers in your essay. Starting with a bookish quote can be an excellent hook for your college essay. Let’s see some examples that you can use as an opening line of your essay.
Open with Metaphors
Make your essay sound interesting and beautiful from the start. Metaphors or similes at the start of the essay shows that you are a good writer whose work would be interesting to read.
- That job was the cancer of my dreams and aspirations.
- The computer in the school’s classroom was an old dinosaur.
- The pathway of revenge is easier to travel than the path to forgiveness.
- So, I sit spinning still, round this decaying form, the delicate strands of rare and subtle thought.
Questions catch the interest of the reader better than anything for write my essay. Whether rhetorical or not, the question activates people’s critical thinking and makes them read the full essay to find the answer to the question. Try to come up with a question that engages critical thinking of the reader rather than a simple “yes” or “no” answer. For example
What would you do if you got to travel back in time?
A Beginner's Guide to Creative Writing Essays
How to Start a Personal Statement?
Easy Guide to Scholarship Essay